34XX Armer 911 TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX0BPR

Minnesota Department of Public Safety - Statewide 911 Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

Anyone know what these are?
After 1.5 of scanning ARMER I actually heard one and it was my county one, 3456 Sherbrn911. It was a VARDA type automated voice stating "Elk River VARDA #1 basement alarm, then repeating another specific area alarm" and it repeated. They spoke of it on DISP channel and that was all I heard, it repeated 10-12 times until I am sure someone shut if off.

Anyone of you Armer experts can enlighten me any further? I am sure it varies from county to county what they are, just wanting some info.

JT-112

I don't think that's what he was asking.

I read that as a request for information on the 911 talk groups.

stmills

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

The 911 talk groups were setup as talkgroups were radio user could request assistance from public safety dispatch. Say an Anoka Officer is doing follow up in Bloomington and needs help he can call Bloomington Dispatch on Bloomington 911 and get police assistance
U of M EMS checks in service with Police dispatch on UMN911, MAC Airport uses MAC911 for non public safety user to request police or fire.

WX0BPR

I don't think that's what he was asking.

I read that as a request for information on the 911 talk groups.

That gave me insight. They are not used much and probably varies from county to county, I kinda new what VARDA was but not as stake out type op. more info the better in my book.
Thanks for the replies

dwgelle

Varda's are meant to be more quicker than a typical alarm system and can be placed more strategically. Plus it goes out right over the radio so officers will hear it and can respond quicker. Typical use would be at places where repeat break ins occur or where they are looking for someone that has been eluding law enforcement. Some that I have seen use a floor mat sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.