• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR 3500e Codeplug password

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIRRM1

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I acquired a very nice 3500e, however when I tried to reprogram it to my works frequencies. I received that nasty codeplug password prompt. Does anyone know any ways around it, besides going to the original dealer.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
You can do a firmware recovery if you have an equal too or higher than the current firmware level. But, you’ll lose all of the data in the radio.

BIRRM1

Premium Subscriber
Okay I will try that. I'm not worried about losing anything on the radio now. Do you know how I would go about that?

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Okay I will try that. I'm not worried about losing anything on the radio now. Do you know how I would go about that?

Under clone in the top tool bar, you should see an option for recovery. Make certain you have an equal to the level in the radio or higher firmware revision.

jelimoore

Do not just run a blind recover. You will lose your tuning values. I have a 3500e and have run this exact procedure on it for a codeplug password (as well as a 5550, 6350, and 7550e for other reasons).

This assumes you have a CPS subscription, the firmware you are intending to recover to (>= current), and Tuner.

1. Open Tuner, plug in the radio, and read the tuning values. Save that file to disk.
2. Open CPS and run a recover. It will take a few minutes and the radio will reboot a few times.
3. Open Tuner and open the file you saved earlier with the tuning values. Hit write and push the tuning values back onto the radio.
4. Clone/create your codeplug onto the radio.

K2NEC

Or, if you have the identical radio, just clone it’s code plug into the radio. I’ve done this numerous times.
I have done this as well. Both with CPS2.0 and R16. Chances are someone here has the same model number as your radio and can help you out. If it's a UHF 3500e, I have one.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
I've done many recoveries and have not found that the tuning soft spots are an issue. I've manually ran through them as well as run autotune.
My experience is the same, having done many recoveries over the years while checking alignment afterwards. However, it certainly doesn't hurt to save tuning values and check once complete, regardless.

BIRRM1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone. My dealer assisted me with the recovery and I'm in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.