36.400 talk of IEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
36.400 is very active, no idea from where. There is talk of an IED and B.D.A. (battle damage assessment)? Lots of talk of grids and coordinates.

Said something about 34.65 as another frequency.

It's pretty interesting if you get a chance to tune in.

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
This is really getting pretty hectic now. Talk of contact with enemy, dustoff helos, requests for fire, people screaming into the mic..... wild stuff. I'm streaming it on proscan and recording it. It is called lowband search.

Last edited:

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
I heard some of this today when they were responding to an aircraft crash site (training). I have been hearing for several days - I think they are in Canada.

This is really getting pretty hectic now. Talk of contact with enemy, dustoff helos, requests for fire, people screaming into the mic..... wild stuff. I'm streaming it on proscan and recording it. It is called lowband search.

mancow

Database Admin
I heard that part too. It sounded just like the blackhawk down soundtrack less the foul language. I had it streaming at work and people were like...what the hell is that!? My longwire points NE so maybe that's why I'm getting Canadian traffic so well.

There were quite a few other freqs that were active too with similar type traffic.

I think I have about 20 minutes or more of compressed recording of it.

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
I am near Kansas City. I had been using a 40 Mhz groundplane at 20 feet fed with RG6 but am now using the same RG 6 connected to about 150 feet of wire up over a couple of trees over the house. I'm not sure if the increased reception is the antenna or just the better conditions lately.

I am near Kansas City. I had been using a 40 Mhz groundplane at 20 feet fed with RG6 but am now using the same RG 6 connected to about 150 feet of wire up over a couple of trees over the house. I'm not sure if the increased reception is the antenna or just the better conditions lately.

Ahhh wow nice, very jealous. I am in Michigan with nothing more then 4 ft or so of RG 58 with the shielding stripped off to form somewhat of an antenna for RXing. I am limited to putting antennas up.

hmmm... listening right now 0435 ZULU, I punched in that Frequency and my Squelch just opened up. Can't make too much out of it but loud noise, or maybe that is the carrier. I thought I could hear faint talking underneath all of that.....hmmmm.... strange.....

mancow

Database Admin
The propagation decreases at night plus I think their main activity is during the day but it's possible they are still out there training at night.

mancow

Database Admin
Well today there is some guy on there talking in what I assume is French. However, it sounded more like a Navajo code talker to me lol.

I am streaming this again on proscan if anyone is interested. It's called (lowband search).

Last edited:

KKQ590

Some of what your hearing is from Ft McCoy,WI.I get them on ground wave here.30.45 Ft Hood was in here at the same time as 34.65 was on your feed.
I should have a feed up in the next few weeks(low band mil and CHP)
tons of 39 and 42 CHP in here in the early afternoon's.

mancow

Database Admin
It really doesn't take too much. If you have the room a simple dipole 6 or so feet on each side would be fine. It's skipping in from a high altitude so it's almost like a satcom signal more than a terrestrial transmission. If you have any decent view of the sky you should be able to pick some up. Local noise is the most difficult thing to deal with when dealing with lowband stuff. Try to keep the antenna away from any TVs and computer equipment as much as possible.

huh.... Wish I had something antenna wise that was tuned in the low band VHF band... :(

gvranchosbill

30.225 150.0 Mercy Operations Aircraft (Very Busy)
34.650 150.0 Can-Forces Base Suffield Calgary,Aberta (VX9KVU)
36.400 150.0 Mercy Operations Range Control

Mercy Operations,Bearcat,Eagle,Paladin some of callsigns heard on 30.225 & 36.400.
34.650 was located on Canadian Database (Sim to FCC Data Base)

I do believe these have been solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.