Status
Not open for further replies.

Firetxmi

I did a license search for "KKA3" on the fcc license search website filtering it with the "PW" designator for only conventional public safety licenses. This is what I found:

1 KKA339 SEMINOLE, CITY OF 0001692185 PW Active 06/12/2013
2 KKA363 COMMERCE, CITY OF 0004541439 PW Active 03/11/2011
3 KKA398 SAN ANGELO, CITY OF 0001653013 PW Active 12/14/2014

Link: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/results.jsp

None of them have 37.18 as their freq. that I can see though. Any other ideas?

Firetxmi

Just heard Frisco FD (North of Dallas) page out a call (its what they use to broadcast over station speakers) on 37.18. Know of any street names?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
nightwatch said:
i rem back in the 70's 37.18 was the state wide ch.

Oh yes! I can remembering stations from all over the Lone Star State on 37.18 MHz, up here in Michigan. That was a great frequency to monitor, when the skip was rolling in. :D

73s

Ron

SCPD

QRT
37.180 used to be the Collin Co. Fire channel prior to the Trunk system being implimented 10 years or so ago. Odd anyone would be hearing Frisco FD on it. for the most part Low band VHF isn't used in TX. still used widely in OK, OHP (Non-Trunked area's) Maybe because Frisco is undergoing the swap to P-25 they are resulting to the Old systems. just a thought!

mbstone99

Frisco FD on 37.1800

MaxTracker said:
37.180 used to be the Collin Co. Fire channel prior to the Trunk system being implimented 10 years or so ago. Odd anyone would be hearing Frisco FD on it. for the most part Low band VHF isn't used in TX. still used widely in OK, OHP (Non-Trunked area's) Maybe because Frisco is undergoing the swap to P-25 they are resulting to the Old systems. just a thought!

I have heard Frisco FD using 37.180 for well over a year and a half as well. So I really don't think their usage of this frequency has anything to do with the P25 swap over.

Matt

SCPD

QRT
Wow, got it scanning now. I dropped it when most of Collin Co. went trunked years ago. Interesting to know someone still uses it up here.

mbstone99

Frisco FD

MaxTracker said:
Wow, got it scanning now. I dropped it when most of Collin Co. went trunked years ago. Interesting to know someone still uses it up here.

I haven't listened to that frequency in a while but the last time I listened to that frequency was back late late last year but from Adam's post (firetxmi) he just recently heard activity from Frisco on that frequency.

Matt

SCPD

QRT
with all I'v read recently, it might pay to listen to low band for a while. a lot of people have been talking that low band (and/or) 6 meter is opening up and may be open for a while. It would be nice to hear some old technology and hear some call signs from a ways away.

mbstone99

MaxTracker said:
with all I'v read recently, it might pay to listen to low band for a while. a lot of people have been talking that low band (and/or) 6 meter is opening up and may be open for a while. It would be nice to hear some old technology and hear some call signs from a ways away.

From the propagation maps it looks like Friday might have a good opening out here in North Texas. I am going to have to keep my ears open as well and see if anything interesting pops up.

Matt

Last edited:

Firetxmi

I was surprised to hear Frisco on there as well. I never really scan down there, probably because I have never really heard anything. But this thread made me think of doing it. While I was typing my post above Frisco dispatched on that channel.

My guess is that they use that to open up, and dispatch over, the station speakers. Many FD's who have trunked systems use a conventional frequency to activate and dispatch over the station speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.