380MHz military system - Cumberland Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm visiting the inlaws today and have my PRO-96 with me. For the heck of it, I figured I would try to track the new 380MHz system operating out here.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to properly hand program this system (if it is even possible). Anyone know if this syetm can be hand programmed and tracked on the PRO-96?

This is what RR has on the system:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=4786

I can hear the Mechanicsburg NAVICP control channel on 387.6375, but the system ID is jumping around between SY162, T0102, and BEE00.

While searching 380-390, I could hear digital voice traffic on several frequencies.

This is the first time I've encountered anything in this band, so I'm kinda clueless.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Pro-96 can be 'opened up' via the StarrSoft Win96, but it cannot track in the band...

Only way to monitor the system is by scanning the trunked channels conventionally.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Use Win96 to open the band (Check EXTENDED FREQUENCIES) and program system frequencies conventionally. The PRO 96 can't track the system. Uniden's BCD396T and BCD996T can track 380 MHz P25 systems.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the replies, folks.

Like I said, I haven't followed the developments of the 380MHz systems much at all, so I really wan't sure what was up.

I have been listening to the traffic with all of the freqs in conventional mode just to hear what's going on. Lots of chatter from the NAVICP...pretty mundane stuff (it is just a giant warehouse, what'd I expect?).

BMT

380MHz military system -

The Naval Inventory Control Point (NAVICP)

BMT

Status
Not open for further replies.