383.850 Mhz Nfm

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

Why do I hear cell phones on this frequency? I just learned today also that the area code is my area code. I doubt it is an image freq. This is not the first time I have heard cell calls in the military band, and this is not the only frequency that I have heard cell calls on. Any ideas?

P.S. I am guessing that it is cell phone use, I don't think it could be a regular hand held, but hey, what do I know.

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
It's an image of the 800Mhz cellphone band.

There used to be a mod where you could switch out the 800Mhz filters so the calls showing up in the 300-400Mhz band would be stronger.

moonbounce

Image freq.

To be an image freq, it would have to be double the IF freq at at least 21.7 mhz, which would be far away from the military band. Like I said in my last message, I am not sure if it is a cell call or other.

I also own an old pro 2020 and I get phone calls in the 120 mhz to 130 mhz range in am, this was when I lived out in the country? There was a tower about 2 miles from where I lived that had three long antenna vertical radials spaced equally apart. It looked like a tower you would see for the old mobile radios of the seventies, in the 150 mhz range.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You're sure your scanner's IF is around 10mhz and it only has one IF frequency?

Is it a newer model scanner?

Do you hear a whine (like a SAT tone) on the audio of the calls?

Plain and simple, it's a cellular phone call.

moonbounce

No sat tones. The radio is a pro 2006. I just listened to a call on that freq. While the caller was on line I scanned the cell freq. could pick him up. so I scanned all the 900 mhz phones freq., couldn't pick him up. The other thing I noticed is that the callers on that freq. all sound like they are from the mid east, or that area of the world. I was wondering if maybe they moved here from one of those countries and brought their phone with them. and their phones in what ever part of the world they come from uses the military band for their phones? The call is local to my city as I recognize the area that was being discussed as being in my own city.

MetalCarnage

moonbounce said:
No sat tones. The radio is a pro 2006. I just listened to a call on that freq. While the caller was on line I scanned the cell freq. could pick him up. so I scanned all the 900 mhz phones freq., couldn't pick him up. The other thing I noticed is that the callers on that freq. all sound like they are from the mid east, or that area of the world. I was wondering if maybe they moved here from one of those countries and brought their phone with them. and their phones in what ever part of the world they come from uses the military band for their phones? The call is local to my city as I recognize the area that was being discussed as being in my own city.

Maybe terrorisits talking on radios and you just thought it was a cell phone...are there any training camps in your area??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.