385.3125 Newark

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
385.3125 active around Newark. NAC293. Discussions of POTUS motorcade. In the clear.

Update: 386.2250, 386.8000 also active in the clear regards same traffic. NAC582. Possible mobile trunked MILAIR site?

Last edited:

nd5y

Did you get the WACN and system ID? For identifying trunked systems that can be more useful than just the frequencies and NAC.

Analogrules

260.900 MHz AM analog has also been very active. I believe it is being used by Mil-Air POTUS protection crews. (Probably CAP) They only speak in codes, but still fun to monitor.

The 380 MHz system currently active in NJ is actually discussed in another thread, under the Military forum.

ecps92

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
260.900 MHz AM analog has also been very active. I believe it is being used by Mil-Air POTUS protection crews. (Probably CAP) They only speak in codes, but still fun to monitor.

The 380 MHz system currently active in NJ is actually discussed in another thread, under the Military forum.

260.9 AM is a standard NORAD frequency used for exercise, interceptions, and combat air patrols. I would not label it POTUS protection crews though sometimes it may be protecting an area with a CAP where he is.

Analogrules

I only label as such, because it ONLY seems active when Trump is in the area. Therefore, the current useage is directly related to the POTUS.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I only label as such, because it ONLY seems active when Trump is in the area. Therefore, the current useage is directly related to the POTUS.

Agreed, I noticed it also. Hence why I suspect/suspected it to be a mobile site. I haven't been able to get the ID for the "system". Someone did point out that those voice frequencies also match the West Point site. Thing is, the traffic was about POTUS, not USMA.

Analogrules

Despite what it may be alocated for, 260.900 has been active when POTUS is in the area. I also have been hearing a lot of warnings by the FAA and US Air Force on 121.500 regarding planes entering restricted air space. So far, these are the only ones in the clear that I found to be active, but there may be others.

Tech792

In addition to 260.9, the AR boom frequency 228.9 has been active during AR. The southern AR track is right over my house. The tanker comes over about every 15 minutes. Pretty cool to walk outside and look up and catch aerial refueling in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.