396 Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

les108

After having a 396 for two weeks there are some concerns that I have come across so far.The radio works like a charm in the systems that I am listening to in the central Indiana area.Indianapolis Meca and Hamilton County(directly north of Indpls) They are on an EDACS system. My issue and concern is with the statewide system.It is a multi site system with at least 70 locations spread all over the state.I have search and tried to find options and ideas to attempt to program the site locations closest to my residence. But yet the 996 has the multi site system for the statewide system all ready preprogrammed in it. Plus there are concerns connected to the senevity of the radio. I have read that there is a major difference compared to the 996 which is better from what I have read.

Thanks

John_M

These two concerns there really isn't anything you can do about them. I don't own a 996t but I really don't see that much of a difference in sensitivity compared to my Pro-96. I do think the Pro-96 is more sensitive in UHF low including 800mhz. When I say more sensitive I mean slightly. With the multi-site trunking, a firmware update may be able to include this.

Last edited:

les108

John_M said:
These two concerns there really isn't anything you can do about them. I don't own a 996t but I really don't see that much of a difference in sensitivity compared to my Pro-96. I do think the Pro-96 is more sensitive in UHF low including 800mhz. When I say more sensitive I mean slightly. With the multi-site trunking, a firmware update may be able to include this.

I really hope so love the radio and the features.. But the of multi-site trunking maybe a deal killer for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.