396 Help!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I am the proud operator of three BC396T's and have loved every minute of them over the past couple of years. My newest one - purchased from Scannermaster in May, 2008 - has started acting strange just since yesterday. All of a sudden, it no longer shows the TG name which I've entered for every 800MHz trunked system. For example, instead of showing:

Atlanta Fire
Dispatch

it shows: Atlanta Fire
ID: 34672

It is doing this on ALL trunked systems, all talk groups. I've tried totally reprogramming the systems and it still does this. It basically is just ignoring what I've entered as the NAME of the talkgroup and is only displaying the TG ID#.

I'm about to pull my hair out - can someone save me from baldness???

n2mdk

Try pressing Function 5 and see if that switches it back to Text Tags.
Func 5 toggles between text and numeric

garys

Premium Subscriber
Did you make sure you put the scanner in "HOLD" mode first?

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Thx!!!!!

Thanks, Garys!! When I put the scanner in "Hold" mode, THEN pressed "FUNCTION" "5", it reversed it so that it now shows the alpha tags. Thank you very much - just in the nick of time - I still have some hair left. These forums are great because our collective brain power is far greater than any one of us.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I guessed that might be what happened. I'm pretty sure that it's in the manual somewhere, but I can't point you to it. If you put the scanner in HOLD mode and press FUNC + 7 you can scroll from system to system. Which is one I've never seen in the manual, which doesn't mean it's not there.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Garys - any other functions that you're aware of that may not be in the manual? Thanks, again!!

Those are the only two I know of, but there might be others. I'd suggest you search this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.