396 Icon Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainsail

Every electronic device I’ve purchased in the last ten years came with a manual that has a depiction of the display with all the icons and some explanation of what they mean. For some reason Uniden elected to discard this useful information in the manual for the 396.

Can anyone tell me what the heck a capital M in the upper right side of the display is supposed to be telling me?

cubn

Database Admin
I think you are referring to the letter to the far right on a new system's name like "System 34 M".

The letter refers to the type of system it is:
M=Motorola
L=LTR
E=EDACS
C=Conventional

kg9qm

It's a typical poor user manual from Japan. There is - to the best of my searching - NO mention of the big up arrow/down arrow symbol, either. Nor the 'GRP' line (although they clearly call out the "Sx" line).

And I don't think the 3rd screen display mode (volume, squelch, and '#3') is discussed, although I haven't gone back to check that. I stumbled onto it by accident and only have guesses about what it shows. The displayed items are most certainly NOT in the 'let's take a look at the display' section of the manual.

I think this is the first time for a device where I've not found a complete picture of the screen and all the segments 'lit' and documented.

kg9qm

In fact, I just realized the battery voltage shows up in the upper right - but ONLY if you are adjusting volume, squelch or 'that 3rd screen' is displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.