396: Mixing TG's from Multiple Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjschave

396: Displaying wrong system name

I live in SE Michigan and monitor MPSCS & Warren PS, both P25 systems.

I have MPSCS Tower T210 (System Quick Key 2) and Warren PS (System Quick Key 3) programmed into the 396 with Arc396 Pro.

Numerous time evening I have found the 396 displaying the System name for Warren PS on the 1st line with a TG ID from the MPSCS System on the 2nd line. I verified the frequency displayed on the 3rd line is from the MPSCS T210 tower.

Both systems are set to ID Search mode. I have upgraded the 396 to firmware version 1.11.03.

Has anyone else expirenced this?
Can anyone explain why the 396 is mixing up the System names?

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Does this happen when you program with UASD?

seamusg

This problem happens with the BC796D also, I have t210 in bank 1,t202 in bank 2, t204 in bank 3, t206 in bank 5 and Warren in bank 6. I've tried different setups on the scanner, but the trouble still exists. I've watched the scanner when it happens and the scanner will have the bank tag of Warren with a Mt. Clemens freq and a MPSCS talk group or a Mt CLemens bank tag and a Warren TG and freq. Also have logging running on the scanner, but have seen the trouble without the logging running, The scanner was programed with Uniden software. The scanner will show NEW for the TG Alpha tag since it's looking for it in the wrong bank.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
I know this is the forum for Uniden scanners, but we are experiencing the same problems with our Pro-96/2096 and the 396t here in Memphis, TN. I have no clue as to what causes it, but it sure is annoying.

Just wanted you to know, your not alone...

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
tspainiv said:
I know this is the forum for Uniden scanners, but we are experiencing the same problems with our Pro-96/2096 and the 396t here in Memphis, TN. I have no clue as to what causes it, but it sure is annoying.

Just wanted you to know, your not alone...

So the talkgroups from one system display in the other on the PRO-96?

scanjunkie

This may happen on the 96/2096 if the two systems are programmed in the same bank and they each utilize the same TG ID's...if the systems are programmed in different banks then the problem theoretically could never happen.

rjschave

scanjunkie said:
This may happen on the 96/2096 if the two systems are programmed in the same bank and they each utilize the same TG ID's...if the systems are programmed in different banks then the problem theoretically could never happen.

There has been an ongoing with incorrect TG's ID's appearing on closed systems on the Pro 96. I haven't run into this yet as I only scan systems in open mode.

More info here....

Binary logic error within the 16 bit TGID field/Pro-96
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22944

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
seamusg said:
This thread was about UNIDEN scanners not GRE.

Actually the problem could be with both the 396, 796, and PRO-96 unless the problem is truely unrelated.

One with the 396 on the MPSCS system in Michigan, "Pro-96/2096 and the 396t" in Memphis, TN, and one with the BC796D on the Michigan MPSCS.

So far I have not seen it on the Michigan MPSCS towers *here* using the 396, 796, or PRO-96.

Last edited:

seamusg

DaveIN said:
Actually the problem could be with both the 396, 796, and PRO-96 unless the problem is truely unrelated.

One with the 396 on the MPSCS system in Michigan, "Pro-96/2096 and the 396t" in Memphis, TN, and one with the BC796D on the Michigan MPSCS.

So far I have not seen it on the Michigan MPSCS towers *here* using the 396, 796, or PRO-96.
I get on the MPSCS and Warren systems on my BC796D. When it happens the scanner will show it's on the Mt. Clemens bank but display a Warren TG and voice freq., or it will show it's in the Warren bank with a MPSCS TG and voice freq. It would be hard to tell if you only have MPSCS in the scanner, since the TG's are the same. With Warren and MPSCS it's easy to see since Warren doesnot have a TG over 800 and most of the TG's I see on MPSCS are over 1000.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
seamusg said:
I get on the MPSCS and Warren systems on my BC796D. When it happens the scanner will show it's on the Mt. Clemens bank but display a Warren TG and voice freq., or it will show it's in the Warren bank with a MPSCS TG and voice freq. It would be hard to tell if you only have MPSCS in the scanner, since the TG's are the same. With Warren and MPSCS it's easy to see since Warren doesnot have a TG over 800 and most of the TG's I see on MPSCS are over 1000.

You say you do see the problem on your 796, or no? I understand what your saying about two different series of talkgroups on two systems mixing between the two. Will the problem talkgroups still display without one of the systems in memory?

seamusg

DaveIN said:
You say you do see the problem on your 796, or no? I understand what your saying about two different series of talkgroups on two systems mixing between the two. Will the problem talkgroups still display without one of the systems in memory?
The problem exits if I have more than one bank programed in the scanner. The problem apears to be the scanner thinks it's scanning one bank but it really scanning the next bank.

rjschave

seamusg said:
The problem exits if I have more than one bank programed in the scanner. The problem apears to be the scanner thinks it's scanning one bank but it really scanning the next bank.

Has anyone noticed this on the 996?

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
DaveIN said:
So the talkgroups from one system display in the other on the PRO-96?

I have PD in closed mode in one bank, FD in closed mode in the next bank. Both using the same control channel. I'll get traffic from one of the PD talkgroups comming through on one of the FD talkgroups, ie, I'll hear PD dispatching a call and look down on my scanner and it's on the FD bank and the talkgroup would be FD dispatch or EMS dispatch or a fireground, it changes. And this is vice versa for PD.

There are many 396t users here experiencing the same problem as I have with my GRE scanners.

seamusg

tspainiv said:
I have PD in closed mode in one bank, FD in closed mode in the next bank. Both using the same control channel. I'll get traffic from one of the PD talkgroups comming through on one of the FD talkgroups, ie, I'll hear PD dispatching a call and look down on my scanner and it's on the FD bank and the talkgroup would be FD dispatch or EMS dispatch or a fireground, it changes. And this is vice versa for PD.

There are many 396t users here experiencing the same problem as I have with my GRE scanners.
I don't think that's the same or simular problem to what this tread is about. It's about haveing two different systems with two different CC and getting their TG's on the wrong bank. Post 1 example was the Warren ,MI system and the MPSCS state wide Michigan system.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
True, his header statement says that the "396: Displaying wrong system name".

rjschave, is it talkgroups or sysid's that are mixed? If it is just the alpha tag for your system, what Rob said would be a good idea. Try the UASD program and see if it is still a problem after saving, erasing, and reloading your systems.

The Nashville problem sounds does sound like it may be different, but I am concerned about talkgroups from one system being displayed in another system, being similar at both locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.