396 Recording/Logging Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

seligman

I know there are numerous options for recording scanner audio, but which ones have the ability of logging the time/date/frequency/talkgroup of each recorded transmission for the 396T?

Logging the frequency used is probably most important to me, but time/date would be helpful too.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't know whether the folks that put out Trunkstar are still doing this, but audio files recorded by Signal Intelligence software was, at least at one point, not playable on a standard WAV player.

As I understand it, this was partly due to imbedding timestamp information in the file. To get around this, you would need to play it using the SI software to another software package that did record in WAV format (or MP3, which seems to be very popular- it does result in a smaller file)

If this is still true I'd take that into consideration 73 Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Seligman,

ProScan (Ver. 1.7.5) with the 396 support will be out in about 3 weeks. ProScan contains a Recorder feature. I offer a 30 day fully functional demo (Ver. 1.7.4). If you don't have a scanner that ProScan currently supports, the Recorder still can be checked out by connecting to a Scanner Over IP Server.

http://www.proscan.org

Bob

seligman

Seligman,

ProScan (Ver. 1.7.5) with the 396 support will be out in about 3 weeks. ProScan contains a Recorder feature. I offer a 30 day fully functional demo (Ver. 1.7.4). If you don't have a scanner that ProScan currently supports, the Recorder still can be checked out by connecting to a Scanner Over IP Server.

http://www.proscan.org

Bob

Bob,

I'm impressed with your work on ProScan. I've been using the ProScan Client to listen to other people's feeds and it works very well.

splash1

Premium Subscriber
I don't know whether the folks that put out Trunkstar are still doing this, but audio files recorded by Signal Intelligence software was, at least at one point, not playable on a standard WAV player.

As I understand it, this was partly due to imbedding timestamp information in the file. To get around this, you would need to play it using the SI software to another software package that did record in WAV format (or MP3, which seems to be very popular- it does result in a smaller file)

If this is still true I'd take that into consideration 73 Mike

I'm not sure of the wave file thing, but i haven't had any problems with having to much recorded.

I have left the record button on for 2 to 3 weeks at a time on an old 850 PC with no audio storage problems.

I just like the way i can get all the information i need to see for military air logging at a glance. I also like the way i an just pick out 1 or 2 recordings to listen too with out having to listen to the whole group . (Pro version)

It just works for me.

Rick L

Status
Not open for further replies.