396 xt NO SOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3EJP

Premium Subscriber
Hello again, Just a quick question, Iv had this unit for a about 2 months. no issues other then when I turned unit on the other day I dont have any sound out of built in speaker, If I hookup an external speaker or headphones to the jack I get sound no problem, Im wondering if I have someone disabled onboard speaker or if its actually blown.. is there a way to turn it on and off or am I going to have to contact uniden and see if this would be coverd.

any input is appreciated.

X

kilowa22

That would most likely be covered by warranty. It is possible that a wire came loose or something went bad on the PC board. The bad news is that if you return it to Uniden it will take a month to get it back.
If you hook up an external speaker and you can increase and decrease the sound coming out of the scanner then it would show that the variable resistor is working properly.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The earphone (and speaker) jacks are of questionable quality - they tend to fail rather frequently, as this problem is documented in our FAQ. Unfortunately unless you can get in there to reset it, it will cost a return to Uniden to fix 73 Mike

VE3EJP

Premium Subscriber
ok a little follow up, Last time I used the unit the batterys were quite low to which it completly died. I just put new batterys in and no go. So yes when I hook it up to and Ex audio source I can hear everything like I should and vol up and down does work. So was just trying to make sure there wasnt anything in the setting that would disable speaker befor I called uniden. Thanks for the help fella's

X

Status
Not open for further replies.