396T/996T programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Hey folks...

Finally got my first-ever Uniden with dynamic memory (a 996T). I seem to be picking up fairly well on the programming needs for the scanner (using UASD), but not sure if I've done the right thing with programming the Richmond Regional System.

I originally had each jursdiction programmed as it's own site within a system. However, I decided to do away with that, and put all 12 control channels in one site. This seems to be working so far, as I can sit out here in Powhatan and listen to all of the jurisdictions without a whole lot of problem (given the distance).

What I notice though is that when there is no traffic, and the scanner is just scanning along, it seems to only pick up on the first control channel it finds. The way that this system is set up (opposed to Indiana SAFE-T and Ohio MARCS), I don't think that this will be a problem as I drive throughout the metro Richmond area, but I wanted to get some feedback from those who've been using monitoring with a 396T in the past and get some ideas.

While we're at it, what would be the easiest way to program all of the various trunked systems in the Tidewater area? Each has to be it's own "system," correct?

Thanks for the help guys! :)

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
EDIT:

After posting the above message, I realized that the 396 and 996, while sharing similar programming aspects, aren't exactly the same. The 396 doesn't have the option of multi-site trunking like the 996, so part of my above question would be null and void.

Status
Not open for further replies.