396t after i put the new firmware on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
it seems now not to have the same sound quality and reception on my system now. there is alot of hissing and crackling.. anybody else notice this?

SCPD

QRT
I just recently updated mine and havent noticed any problems.

Only thing I didnt like about the update was the new volume control incraments.

-Dylan

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
yeah i`m not happy with the volume control either.. maybe our system is having alittle interfernce today. i didnt notice it before i downloaded the firmware.. maybe you can help me something else i notice when you press the hold button and press the nob twice. numbers come up that can be adjusted such as its set on 8 right now beside that it saids auto then under that there are numbers such as 1.38 1.60 1.82 can you tell what this is for? and what it should be set on.

SCPD

QRT
That would be to adjust the P25 level when monitoring digital systems. For more info go to page 102 of the manual, and it has everything you need to know about that feature.

-Dylan

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
is there anyway to get the firmware i had before? i`m not happy with this new version. ever since i put it on my scanner sounds like ****.. now there is distortion , crackling , interference , its not picking up the system as good and not to mention the vloume control problem.. oh well i`m looking on the bright side of things my new 996t is up and working crystal clear with a strong signal. lol which my 396t had before i d/l the new firmware on it..

wjf

pinellasfirefighter said:
is there anyway to get the firmware i had before? i`m not happy with this new version. ever since i put it on my scanner sounds like ****.. now there is distortion , crackling , interference , its not picking up the system as good and not to mention the vloume control problem.. oh well i`m looking on the bright side of things my new 996t is up and working crystal clear with a strong signal. lol which my 396t had before i d/l the new firmware on it..

PM me your email and I'll send you v. 1.10.

ems170

Feed Provider
try turning off the AGC. If the system has it enabled the radio needs it off. two AGCs will make the audio sound horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.