396t and rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleazenb

I just acquired a Uniden 396t and am having trouble getting the proper programming to scan the tippecanoe county analog rebanded 800 system. I've have read numerous posting on many forums on this site and have yet to get it right. ie I'm still missing many conversations while tracking the talkgroups. I have programmed all 11 rebanded frequencies( control freq, included) Not sure if I have to select the system as a P25, 800 standard or 800 splinter? Also do I need to set up a band plan and how to do that. Thanks for anyone that can help!

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
You must go to the Uniden rebanding web site and download the latest firmware to have the "rebanding menu" installed so you can choose "custom rebanded system", then program in the new rebanding menu Chhi-Chlo etc info or it will not choose the correct freqys when trunking.....Changing the freqys by 15mgz is not enough....

bleazenb

Thanks all for the info!

Thanks all for the info. Found my problem to be that the 396t newest firmware updates supported the "custom 800" option, but the Uniden software does not! So you have to enter custom 800 options from the keyboard. So after dumping the UASD software and switching to Free Scan. All systems entered and doing fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.