396t and the 996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i`ve notice when i started doing my live feeds the 396t was getting better recpection on the 800mhz than the 996t was. i`m using the same antenna on both. anywhere else in the house the 996t gets perfect recpetion. so obviously its this part of the house where the computer is. there is a couple of things that are weird to me. at first the 996t never had this problem and now all of the sudden it does. the 396t has full bars right here and they stay full but the 996t has anywhere to 3 bars to full flicking up and down. the next thing is why would the 396t work any better than the 996t in this spot? anybody have in feed back to this problem?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It may be that something in your PC is generating RF on a frequency that only mixes to interference on the 996 (due to different RF circuitry in each unit). You can try turning off your PC peripherals one at a time to see if you can isolate whether it is a peripheral or the PC itself.

I've heard that Linksys wireless routers put out a lot of "junk" RF that interferes down in the 152-162 MHz range.

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
thanks for your help. yeah that might be the problem. it kinda pisses me off because i like using the 996t for my live feeds so my 396t wasnt tied up incase i had yo run somewhere. upman why would it all of a sudden start in the last day or so?

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Without being there...all I have is speculation. Actually, even being there I probably wouldn't be the best choice for tracking something like that down. I can talk to RF engineers, but I couldn't play one on TV.

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
yeah i feel you. its just frustrating because the interference makes the transmission pop and crackle every few seconds its not a constant thing.. but the damn 396t stays crystal clear..

Status
Not open for further replies.