396T ant.jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArgoGirb67

having an issue with the ant. jack of my 396T.Its had a hard life mounted to the dash of a dump truck for several years,with several different antennae on it,one a telescopic(old RS bnc),or the mag mount connector.I opened the scanner to see if a solder joint problem,all looked good .Do the connectors fail internally?where to get fixed on this side of the border?Ive done some electronic work before but this is just to little room for error!

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
having an issue with the ant. jack of my 396T.Its had a hard life mounted to the dash of a dump truck for several years,with several different antennae on it,one a telescopic(old RS bnc),or the mag mount connector.I opened the scanner to see if a solder joint problem,all looked good .Do the connectors fail internally?where to get fixed on this side of the border?Ive done some electronic work before but this is just to little room for error!

lazer root page
I am not sure where you are located but I know this guy from Baden, he is now just off the 401 @ Ceadercreek. He can fix anything and the price is good. Check the link above & good Luck!!

Freebase

I second the recommendation for Lectron. I had my BC296D repaired by them a couple of years ago, the final cost was even less than the repair estimate. They replaced the antenna mount and the volume/squelch pot, have had no issues since then. The turnaround time was probably less than a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.