396T Custom Search question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
When using the custom search feature for trunked systems, will the scanner still track rebanded systems? I noticed that the scanner locked on the control channel but I did not hear it open up for the talkgroups. Also does the 396xt search feature do the same? I am considering purchasing one and this is a feature that I enjoy using to look for trunked systems.

Thanks,

Dave

rvictor

Don't know about the 396T, but on the XT you can set a custom search to Control Channel Only and then set a custom band plan for that search. I think that should let you follow rebanded systems if you've entered the appropriate band plan.

Dick

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
I confirmed today that the custom search feature on the 396T does not work for rebanded systems. It will lock on the control channel but will not open up for audio. The active talkgroup does show but again no audio.

UPMAN,
If (and I know that is a BIG if) you ever release another firmware update for the 396T, could you consider including the ability to monitor rebanded systems using the custom search feature in the update.
Thank you for listening and PLEASE keep on doing what you do!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.