396T Custom Searches and Trunk ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Hello, everyone.

This may have been answered elsewhere, but I haven't found it.

I find the ability to decode and display PL/DPL codes during a Custom Search to be very helpful when looking for such information.

Has anyone figured out, or is it possible, how to have the 396T display trunking system information when it runs across a system control channel during a search?

For example, I've created a Custom Search that has a range of 851.000 to 868.950. If my 396T runs across a Motorola P25 control channel, it would be nice to have it display the SID. Same idea with EDACS, LTR, etc.

Have I missed that feature in the 396T, and if so, how would I go about enabling that?

Thanks

73's

cubn

Database Admin
Yes this option is available, at least for Motorola systems (and possibly LTR?). I believe it is an option that is set turned on/off for each custom search range, but I don't have the radio in front of me to check on the specific setting.

I set my 850-870 search to have this control channel option. It basically works like control channel only truking such that when it stops on a Motorola control channel while searching, it displays the system id (and site number for smartzone systems). Sometimes it will instead display the name of the system when it reads the system id and compares it to an internal database of system ids tied to system names from the RR database. I have had it stop on an LTR system and I think it displayed the LCN number and LTR TG, but I haven't experimented enough with LTR searching. I don't know what it does for EDACS as I haven't listened to an EDACS system on the 396T.

Edit: I checked the manual pg 97 and found the answer. You need to set the "Set C-Ch Only" option to be on for that particular search range.

Last edited:

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon, Cubn!!

I thought that that option would have to be availabe, since it's a very useful one.

How did you accomplish this on your Custom Search? Just using the scanner's programming facilities, I can't seem to locate anything like that for the Custom Searches.

Did you accomplish that via the ARC396PRO software, perhaps?

Thanks, and 73's

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
MENU --> Search For... --> Edit Custom --> Custom n --> Set C-Ch Only

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon, UPMan!

GEEZ! I totally overlooked that C-Ch Only! That does just what I was looking for!

Thanks to you and Cubn for the assistance! I appreciate it!

73's.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Sorry about reaching back and resurrecting a thread from the past... but I am a Uniden rookie (BCD396T) and need some help.... I have tried crafting the search a number of ways and haven't found my answer... I know, basically, what the SID info displayed at the top of the screen tells me about a Moto system... Now, I have two evolving EDACS systems (from established, now Nextelled, systems) that I must monitor. I understand EDACS doesn't reveal much about itself... But, when I scroll thru the control channels I receive a read out at the top of the display: SID 01 or SID 39 or SID 52... what is this telling me about an EDACS system? How do I use this info? While I am asking, are there tricks I can use to find out more about systems using my 396 to decipher EDACS and Moto while I am at it....

thanx in advance for the help AND the forbearance!

Status
Not open for further replies.