396t Hiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any other 396T scanner owners hear a ssssssssss-like hiss in the back ground on their 396T ,I cant stand the noise in the background,my dad has the nascar scanner and its easier to use and doesnt have as bad as a receive issue as mine has.They both are like a year old....
I put on 155.910 clifton PD and its down the street,whyz there a hiss????

scannersnstuff

hiss on my 396.audio power is not the greatest.but considering the small unit i guess the speaker does a adequate job.on my psr-500 the audio is very good.on a par with a commercial ht.also the "squelch tail" elimination is very nice.it does however suffer from a hiss.nothing new to gre product's such as the pro-97.
don't feel bad.i could be nit picky about the most expensive radio's too.no such thing as perfection.

GRE makes this?!Ahhhhh now I know why!
I had a gre superconverter back in the day,that did the same.Can you recommend a radio that doesnt do this and has the same features?

scannersnstuff

i have to say if you want me to recomend a portable scanner i'm biased.while i like the feature's and frequency coverage of my 396 i absolutely love my psr-500.i'll deal with the hiss for all you get from this radio.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a hiss on mine, but I live with-in about 10 miles of most everything I am receiving so my reception is great. It does sounds better with head phones but that is because of the small speaker. No hiss here.

When did you get yours whats the serial number or series,mine is full of hiss.....And I did send it back to them and they didnt do a thing to fix it.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
When did you get yours whats the serial number or series,mine is full of hiss.....And I did send it back to them and they didnt do a thing to fix it.[/QUOTE

I have had mine since Dec 2006, Does not hiss at the begining, middle, or end of transmission. I also have the squelch turned all the way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.