396T installed in my Dodge Neon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAR923

Nice mounting but I'd sure hate to have my radio exposed to the direct summer sun like that.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
kd6ecz said:
My Pro-96 is pretty sensitive. I have to watch what I say around it or it starts crying...

:lol:

My BCT-15 does the same thing - even sometimes I could even think it might be "waa waaaing" just a bit. :D

But anyway back to the thread I like that install - nice to view instead of having to look down or whatever.

roots

whre did you get that holder? Also do you have more pics of the antenna outside and where do you get it out?

thx,

Marc

n4yek

Last edited:

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
SAR2401 said:
Nice mounting but I'd sure hate to have my radio exposed to the direct summer sun like that.

Mine came in yesterday. I placed it where it's partially in front of my AC vent. That ought to help a lot, I think... When parked, I remove it unless in the garage. Texas Summer's (and late Spring) are brutal on anything in direct sunlight. Ugh

W4TF

looks good. what is that wire running in front of the gauge cluster? Speaker wire?

N1BHH

One thing you may want to consider, when you remove it you should give the windshield a wipe with water and a paper towel. The suction cup will leave a ring. There have been many thefts of GPS's from cars and the majority of those are from people who have the suction cup mount. Even though the people remove them and store it in the trunk or glove box, it gets stolen, because the thief spots the ring left on the windshield by the suction cup. But I like this set up for one reason, you don't take your eyes off the road when you make an adjustment. That's one of my pet peeves about people mounting radios on the side of a console or between the seats,you take your eyes off the road. High on the dash or in the dash is the best place for any radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.