396T Lock Out Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris480

I have a question, when scanning Phoenix PD which is P25 I sometimes come across ENC tgs if I hit lock out will it only lock out that enc tg or does it lock out the freq that the enc tg is on? How would I lock out only certain TGs? Thanks

captclint

Mentor
I have a question, when scanning Phoenix PD which is P25 I sometimes come across ENC tgs if I hit lock out will it only lock out that enc tg or does it lock out the freq that the enc tg is on? How would I lock out only certain TGs? Thanks
When scanning a trunk system, lockout will ONLY lock out TGID's. It will not lock out frequencies. You can even review all the TGID's that you have locked out, and "unlock" them. You can lock out frequencies, but you have to manually select them, or much better, do it with software.

chris480

How do i see the TGs I have locked out? I just want to make sure it doesnt lock the freqs thanks!

chris480

PG 81 just shows how to unlock all TGs that are locked, how do I see what TGs are locked and unlock them 1 by 1? BC Tools dont even show this?

n2mdk

BCTool certainly does show you what TGIDs you have locked out. If you've locked out TGIDs since first uploading to the scanner download the current configuration from the scanner again. Look at the lists of TGIDs there will be a check mark in L/O column.

LordJ

PG 81 just shows how to unlock all TGs that are locked, how do I see what TGs are locked and unlock them 1 by 1? BC Tools dont even show this?

The manual is a tad deceiving i guess
The top of the page states in bold type Reviewing Locked Out Frequencies
This includes ID's. They could have included that in the title I suppose..
Then it tells you how to do exactly what you requested
If you are looking into getting other software, both ARC396 and Proscan show this info...

Last edited:

chris480

Ok im sorry! These are not talk groups that I had prog in the scanner. These are TGs that come up while scanning and they just show the ID # of the TG because its not in the scanner. How can I go back and see the non programmed TGs that I locked out to cross reference them here and see what they are if they are listed here? Our system has a lot of ENC TGs that are not programmed but that it finds while scanning and I just hit LO those are the ones I want to see.

captclint

Mentor
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.