396T no volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlee6065

My 396t suddenly does not give any volume out of the speaker. The ear phone plug works fine. So here is a scanner over one year old and takes a dump. Any suggestions on what the issue might be? I looked on the Uniden site for firmware but gave up. The Uniden support site is very poor.

Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

scanrfan

396T Speaker

Have the same problem with mine. Have heard/been told that the contact point in the earphone plug sticks and takes the speaker out of the circuit. The only solution I know is to send the radio to Uniden and have them replace the speaker jack. Unless you are a radio repair tech, this is not a do-it-yourself job.

sjlamb

Have the same problem with mine. Have heard/been told that the contact point in the earphone plug sticks and takes the speaker out of the circuit. The only solution I know is to send the radio to Uniden and have them replace the speaker jack. Unless you are a radio repair tech, this is not a do-it-yourself job.

Bingo...:(

wlee6065

Thanks for the information. I have sent Uniden support 2 e-mail messages over the last 3 weeks and no response. Does anyone know a phone number to contact them. I cannot seem to locate a support number on their pathetic web site. Thanks again

wlee6065

Thanks for the help and number.. I determined the problem is the speaker failed. I ordered a replacment from Uniden for $1.67. Easy to self replace... Thanks again for everyone's assistance..

Status
Not open for further replies.