396t p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
I want to buy either a 396T or a 396XT. I have used a 396XT on my local P25 system and the performance was great. My question is, would the 396T be just as good? I know the 396XT is a great scanner but I don't need things like GPS tracking and fire tones. Will the 396T work well on a simulcast type system? I know some will say just buy the XT but I am trying to save some dough. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The 396T will work somewhat similar.. note the sound quality isnt as nice
Also the 396T does not have MULTI-SITE trunking, so if your system has a lot of sites you will need to make different systems for each, or do the work around for inputting multi-control channels in one.

Based on what people are charing for the 396T (some are 4 years old still want $400 for it) I dont see it as that much of a sale off a brand new 396XT. But if you get a great deal then go for it

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
joncleve-
Considering how VIPER is setup statewide (along with the myriad of other trunked systems) here in NC you would be making a mistake in not going with the 396XT and it's multi-site trunking over the 396t.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.