396t problem trunking edac

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclayton55

Premium Subscriber
My 396T will scan my local public saftey EDAC for a short time then stop trunking after a short period of sometimes a couple of hours???? I will check my other system I have and it works fine and it is digital. I did a basic reset did not work, I reinstaled arc software{nope}. I reinstaled firmware and nothing> HELP It will start and stop at will

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
My 396T will scan my local public saftey EDAC for a short time then stop trunking after a short period of sometimes a couple of hours???? I will check my other system I have and it works fine and it is digital. I did a basic reset did not work, I reinstaled arc software{nope}. I reinstaled firmware and nothing> HELP It will start and stop at will

You need to provide more information about the system you are trying to monitor.

EDACS Standard (Wide)
EDACS Standard Networked
EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
EDACS Narrowband Networked
EDACS SCAT
EDACS ESK (version 3.0 firmware or later required)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Let's be more specific - dclayton, since you didn't put your location in, nor did we get an idea of what system you're talking about, no one can really help you. Where are you (county/state will do)?

Go to the upper left blue toolbar under the site title, float your mouse over database. Use the various pulldowns to get to your problem system(s) - then c'mon back and give us the URLs. Folks here will be in a much better position to give you a hand with those 2 pieces of information.

best regards..Mike

dclayton55

Premium Subscriber
This is Edac standard . Manatee County public saftey FL. I also have a 996t which scans this sysyetm fine. When the 396t stops scanning , it will start scanning again somtimes when you turn the scanner off and on again. yesterday it worked for about four hours untill it went silent, then I turned off and then on and it started scanning fine???

dclayton55

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to reinstall the main working software? Is there a way to remove all firmware and start over? It seems to me there might be a bad file?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You didn't say what firmware you are using, but yes, you can reinstall the firmware by the usual process at any time.

By chance are you using a USB-serial cable when you uploaded the firmware? There have been several reports that at least some USB converters cause problems when doing this...best regards..Mike

dclayton55

Premium Subscriber
Yes I am using a usb- serial cable , but downloaded file that came with it. Can the firmware be taken out can the operating system be taken out???? not overwritten???

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Yes I am using a usb- serial cable , but downloaded file that came with it. Can the firmware be taken out can the operating system be taken out???? not overwritten???

No, the scanner operating firmware can not be totally removed from the scanner.
You can overwrite the existing firmware but you can't remove firmware from the radio.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
My feeling is that the system is not configured correctly in the radio somehow.

Marshall KE4ZNR

dclayton55

Premium Subscriber
It will scan perfectly for a few hours then go silent. I will have to turn off then off

Status
Not open for further replies.