396T Program Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycirnwrkr

I am trying to set up for Putnam co. in NYS http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1864 ok, i download the Con-Ed trunk using the web feature, on same page it has Putnam frequency list. I look up kec202, there's a bunch of frq's there. Do i then copy and paste all those freq's and type in the Id's? is there a faster way to do this? And I tried to type the tones in and the ARC program resets them all to auto, what am i doing wrong?Being set to auto is ok? I tried a little to use excel to save in csv format, but excel doesn't allow that format is save types...what is the solution it's making me nuts. Thank you

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've only been successful at loading trunked systems with the web feature of the ARC software. Conventional systems have to be using using a cut and paste method.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ofd8001 said:
I've only been successful at loading trunked systems with the web feature of the ARC software. Conventional systems have to be using using a cut and paste method.
If you use the latest (beta) version of ARC396, I believe you'll also be able to do web imports on the conventional frequencies as well as trunked systems.

nycirnwrkr: In Excel. you can save in *.csv format. Choose "Save as" from the "File menu, then scroll all the way down down through the various file types. Besides saving as various versions of Excel workbooks,*.html, *.txt, etc, you'll find several variations of comma delimited file types (*.csv).

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If you've already bought the previous version, you can install the 1.05 beta version (your sotware license covers you). Gommert addressed the same issue in another thread a couple of days ago. Somebody else was having the same issue, trying to import conventional frequencies, but only seeing an option for trunked systems.

RISC777

Just to confirm, the beta ARC396 from Butel (which has worked bug or problem free for me for a months) has conventional downloading while the non-beta does not include that feature. I haven't used the conventional downloading so I can't speak to how well and such it works, but the beta is the only Butel product that provides that functionality.

nycirnwrkr

It asked for a Password?

All i have are 2 keys, and both don't do it for the beta...what do i do? only other option is to skip the file? not sure I dont want to make more trouble for myself

do i need to unistall the previous version to get this to load right? never had this much trouble installing before and i have done it for a long time, i know some programs require this

Just figured it out.......Beta Icon was buried in the program file....DOAH.....much thanks to Ya

Last edited:

bigcheez69

arc396 beta imports conv freqs flawlessly

RISC777 said:
the beta ARC396 ... has conventional downloading ... I haven't used the conventional downloading so I can't speak to how well and such it works

Web import of conv freqs from rr via arc396 beta works flawlessly for me, although I would like to be able to download unidentified freqs also

Status
Not open for further replies.