396t Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
I have a 396 T and have a volume question. When I have the scanner on and set the volume level to a certain point, I come back at a later time and the volume has reset it self to a lower level. Is this suppose to happen or do I have some setting on that makes the scanner do this.

a29zuk

I have never had this problem. The volume level on my 396T is always at the level it is last left at. Unless the "Battery Save" mode, which I never use, has an affect on it.

K

kb0nly

Do you have the keypad locked? When the keypad is locked you can rotate the knob to set the volume level without having to tap it down first, could be bumping the volume.

Or, and this sounds crazy but true, i had this happen the other day where the volume appeared to be going down all the time, found out it was my wife turning it down when she entered the room... LOL

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
396 t Question

No one touches the knob to change it as I will leave it on all night and in the morning the volume is down. My wife has no idea how to turn down the volume - but that was my first thought. The only other live person around is the cat - and she enjoys listening to the scanner. A real Bear CAT!
Maybe someone else will have an idea
Thanks for the 2 replies.

K

kb0nly

Ok, its on all night, is it on battery or plugged in?? As the batteries drop off i did notice a slight decrease in volume before i swapped them out on mine today. Never really noticed that until you mentioned it.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
396 T question

It is plugged in, not on batteries. You can hear the volume is down and when you press the top knob to set the volume you can see on the bar that it is lower. For sure I did not show my wife how to turn down the volume. Thank you Uniden for having the volume wife proofed.

Cats have very sensative ears you know :p

If you set the volume in the config editor(under Misc.), it could be causing it to go back to that setting after a certain time period, or maybe if it looses power thru the night, then it would cycle back to the default level you set in the programming..possibly?

Im not sure, but its worth a look/try. I've never noticed mine do it, but my volume in the programming is set to 5, which is usually high enough to hear it...I'll try to remember to check it in the morning, see if mine does it.

Last edited:

cws

It is plugged in, not on batteries. You can hear the volume is down and when you press the top knob to set the volume you can see on the bar that it is lower. For sure I did not show my wife how to turn down the volume. Thank you Uniden for having the volume wife proofed.

Some wives are smarter than you give them credit for!!! But, if you're sure it's not her, and it's certainly not the cat, then it must be YOU. Maybe you sleepwalk. Put it in a box, with a wax seal, and check the seal the next morning. ;-)

scanchs

Oh goody, it's a who dunnit...

Some wives are smarter than you give them credit for!!! But, if you're sure it's not her, and it's certainly not the cat, then it must be YOU. Maybe you sleepwalk. Put it in a box, with a wax seal, and check the seal the next morning. ;-)

My money is on the wife being smart enough to figure it out... ;)

...or, perhaps there's a poltergeist that doesn't like all that racket at night! Have you noticed it being colder in that corner of the room? :eek:

Who ya gonna call? :D

ScanCHS

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
396 T question

WoW!!!! Thanks for all the help and replies. The wife did figure out how to turn the radio off.
Thanks again everyone.

scanchs

The wifey dunnit!

WoW!!!! Thanks for all the help and replies. The wife did figure out how to turn the radio off.
Thanks again everyone.

ac9f,

Yep, the principle known as Occam's razor* prevails once again. :wink:

I'll gladly accept my prize as small unmarked bills, placed in a plain brown paper bag, to be left at the corner of 3rd and Vine streets (across from the park)... :)

*For those living in Port St. Lucie... The principle of Occam's razor concludes "that the simplest solution is usually the correct one". :confused:

ScanCHS

K

kb0nly

I would take a simple solution over a complicated one any day.... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.