396T UASD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanman

when i enter new freqs into the program i save it close then reopen and there gone ?
What am i not doing?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I use arc396 and only UASD a couple of times.

Look for program option to open last saved file when started or keep track of file name and open from menu list.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I am having that issue as well with the 996 and 396 for some reason, i am trying to narrow it down but there was a post on the ARC396 yahoo group, did not see a resolution to it yet though, but it is very annoying after working on large systems and then i have to go back in and cut and paste the frequencies back in, seems to happen after quick saves and writes to the radio

this does not neccessarily occur when you close the system file though

Alanman

Thanks it is not just me i downloaded a trial of the arc 396 basic and looks good so far

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Alanman,

Today I played around some with USDA and my original comment completely missed the mark. USDA has a different user interface depending on if the scanner is connected. It does not seem possible that complete off-line editing is possible when the scanner is not connected.

On the other hand every-time you connect the scanner it immediately downloads the current data and rather quickly compared to arc396. I like arc396 because I have complete edit control when the radio is not connected, but the downside is I have to keep track of what I lasted loaded and did I make any changes on the radio that I should capture in a new profile or mem data file.

The 1st startup screen on the radio has 4 lines you can enter what you want. One of the items is the name of the profile I am about to upload to the 396. I also make laminated Qkey cards using the same profile name.

mike

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Alanman,

Today I played around some with USDA and my original comment completely missed the mark. USDA has a different user interface depending on if the scanner is connected. It does not seem possible that complete off-line editing is possible when the scanner is not connected.

On the other hand every-time you connect the scanner it immediately downloads the current data and rather quickly compared to arc396. I like arc396 because I have complete edit control when the radio is not connected, but the downside is I have to keep track of what I lasted loaded and did I make any changes on the radio that I should capture in a new profile or mem data file....
No, complete editing is possible with out scanner connected, indeed the two things are completely seperate. Of course the information does not get to the radio without uploading the new file.

Also no, you must request that the scanner be connected. The download time depends on how much you have in the scanner, it also will not change the data on your hard drive unless you choose to save the various systems.

Alanman

Wow this is easy all that i over looked was haveing my scanner conected!
i do like the ACR 396 how ever before i purchase it i will continue until the trial 30 min is over.
Thank you very much for all the help

Alan

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
loumaag,

You comments forced my to take another look to see what I was missing. I was getting the configuration editor, but not the system editor. I finally figured out double clicking on the system name in the System Data Base listing gets the system editor open with that system.

Alan,
When I got into scanning years ago Uniden had little if anything to program their radios. It looks like USDA is a better starter program than I was giving it credit for. ARC is good but it does have it quirks. I am familiar with using Excel and you can edit in the cell or an entry box at the top and switch back and forth. I have a tendency to switch between the two and that confuses ARC I don't always get what I want in the cell.

Good Luck

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.