396T USAD Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio

Premium Subscriber
Is there any firmware update for the UASD program for the 396T so one can program a rebanded 800 custom system? To program any such sytem in my 396T, I have to program it in the 396T and then go to another programming system I use for my other Uniden scanners, download them there to set the rebanding information and then load it back in the 396T for it to work properly. Yes, I know you can manually put that in the 396T but that is a pain. Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The UASD was never updated - what program and other scanners are you using? FreeScan works fine for the 396, supports rebanding and it's free (and it supports most all of the DMA scanners)...and it will import UASD files. No need to be jumping around from program to program, unless there isn't one that supports what you have...best regards..Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
To be perfectly honest, I lost track of SC after Ken decided to retire from updating and maintaining it - but I'm pretty certain his last release (was it 7.1?) did include rebanding support. His Win98-ish interface always left me a bit cold....

Once again, on which Uniden scanners are you using SC? ProScan covers the 250, 785, 296 and 796 along with most (although not all) of the DMA scanners. It's commercial, but performs very well, and the developer is a RR member (as is Assaf, by the way). Bob (ProScan's author) is actively developing his software.....

Mike

Last edited:

radio

Premium Subscriber
UASD 396 Update

I use Scan Control for my 250, 296, 780 and 796. I use UASD 246 and 396 for those radios.

So Ken has retired and nobody has taken over Scan Control? At least I have the last update version.

I guess I will be investigating Free Scan now.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.