396t

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnePcDoc

need help looking for usb cable i guess tried to register unit on uniden web site says i have to update scanner before i can register it

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmm...you should be able to register before you do any updating - that's a UPMan question...

However, the USB cable is available from Scanner Master, it's called the USB-1. The following 2 links (anything in blue) give you some hints/kinks about making the connection between the scanner and PC (it's written for XP, but there should be enough detail there for Vista or Win7 to use as a guide), and the 2nd is to Uniden's TWiki site - at the bottom is the link for the Prolific drivers.

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/USB-1Drivers

73 Mike

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
He'll need to load the ESN loader before registering (if he's on the very first firmware) to that he has an ESN/checksum

The suggested cables are USB-1or any serial/USB adapter can be bought at radioshack or eBay (ensure it comes with drivers)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Right you are. It's been so long since I did mine, I'd forgotten the exact steps. 73 Mike

OnePcDoc

is it me or is the manual for this scanner aweful it could be i've been a radio shack scanner guy for ever got a pro-95 pro-96 pro-97 i can't get to seem to get this scanner to work like i want

next is there a program out there like software for the radio shack scanners

rvictor

is it me or is the manual for this scanner aweful it could be i've been a radio shack scanner guy for ever got a pro-95 pro-96 pro-97 i can't get to seem to get this scanner to work like i want

next is there a program out there like software for the radio shack scanners

It would be a lot easier to answer your questions if we didn't have to decrypt them. Sentences, punctuation, etc. would be a big help. There is no requirement that you do so, of course, but you'll increase the amount of help you get if you make it easier for us to respond.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.