396t

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrplmil

Well I finally got through researching and decided to get the BC396t. Partly due to the fact of rebanding and partly to get the milair freq's around me. I just wish it came pre-programmed for Oklahoma too. Just looking at what is in it now there is very little I can use so might just dump it unless of course there is ample memory left. It shoulget here in a week at most. It appears to program a lot like the 246t which I already have.

mam1081

Feed Provider
What part of Oklahoma are you in? There are quite a few 396's around. I would almost bet that someone in your area might already have some files you can load into your 396 to get you started.

jrplmil

I live in Cheyenne. I already have most of the frequencies as I use Scanlite to program the 246t, Pro-83, and Pro-2051 I just have to rename them and set up for the 396. So fall I have not found anyone around here. I have a file setup that covers from Amarillo to Oklahoma City I will load that is set up by county so I just turn them on and off. At least it works for me. I downloaded the manual and it appears a lot like the 246t so it probally will load that file. Time will tell. If there is someone close I would like to meet them.
Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Jim we have a pretty nice page on the 396 right here...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD396T

I think you will find that ARC396 and the standard UASD have the lion's share of the users insofar as software is concerned. It's strange - Scan Control will handle that 246 and the 396, and do it far better than Scancat Lite Plus (from all the scuttlebutt I've heard). Yet, I've seen very few folks using it on the DMA radios.

Those links, and more, are available on the wiki. 73s and GL with the new toy - I'm quite jealous. Mike

mam1081

Feed Provider
I bet if you're really nice to Skywatch, he has the 996 files for that area. The 396 files aren't completely compatible, but most of the stuff will work. If it's just a conventional system, you should be able to copy the system directly from the 996 file to the 396.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
BR330 UASD files will copy directly to the 396 UASD folder (or vice-versa). I update in one program then copy over to the other with Windows Expplorer.

246 UASD files will also work, after a minor edit in the 396's UASD program to account for the difference in the number of qiuck keys (ten in the 246, 100 in the 396 & 330)

Status
Not open for further replies.