396xt and automatic alert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1041

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I've got a 396xt and could use a bit of help. The local police that I monitor has some sort of an alert system when there is a shooting/robbery or any type of major crime. It's four short high pitched beeps that alerts all of the on duty officers.

Is there a way to set the radio so when or if the unit picks up the "beeps" it will automatically switch to that channel and / or change the display color?

W2PMX

Maybe use the fire tone-out alert? It'll only alert on the first beep (or the first 2, depending on relative lengths), but if there are no other tones used on the frequency, it might work.)

Bob_61

Hello all,

I've got a 396xt and could use a bit of help. The local police that I monitor has some sort of an alert system when there is a shooting/robbery or any type of major crime. It's four short high pitched beeps that alerts all of the on duty officers.

Is there a way to set the radio so when or if the unit picks up the "beeps" it will automatically switch to that channel and / or change the display color?

They use a one tone (tone out) here in Enfield Ct to let the officers know to shut up and listen. I know this does not answer you question, but it seem they use it as a way to get everyone's attention. Not like a tone-out for a fire dept. (Hey wake up and listen guys!!!) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.