396xt and limit search

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I do believe the only way to do a limit search is to use 1 of the 10 custom search ranges. The very cool thing about is is that you can enable this custom search "and" scan at the same time. I do it all the time. Side note: One of the things I like to do is keep service search "CB radio" turned on which I like when I'm traveling along the interstate. Never know when a trucker is going to let you know what's going on in your immediate area and it only takes the scanner a second to flash through the 40 channels!

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Custom Search

I have found your statement to be correct. I didn't know however I could be doing a search while scanning though. This is something I am also going to have to figure out how to make happen. I drive across the Ohio and Indiana Tollroad about 4 times a week and I turn off the CB because of the feed back I get through the scanner speaker when I key up the mic. If I can kind of listen to the CB traffic and still use the scanner at the same time this would be a good thing!

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Search with scan is very very cool I think. You can use it with any service search and any custom search. Yes, I guess if you're using a CB, then I could see where scanning would be a problem.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Scanning and searching at the same time. I got it figured out and it is the bomb! I have had this 396xt since mid October and learn something new about it all of the time.

I'm the same way....every time I do a little research and/or read through RR forums here, I learn something new. The 396XT is one Powerful scanner. I'm amazed what comes outta that little package. Bandscope feature is really cool once you learn how to use it and if you're ever interested, the C-Ch output is very interesting for monitoring trunking activity from a tower.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Bandscope? You lost me there. But I am sure in time I will be wanting to know what that is all about. I was just now trying to figure out how to set up a custom search to decipher a few LTR Systems. The manual (cd) tells me I should be able to just search for control channels while doing a custom search. Well that sounds like it should be pretty simple. But I always make these simple tasks a project!

Status
Not open for further replies.