396xt antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

brusso99

Want to Swap out the Antenna for 396XT, Want to get something improved over the standard

Looking at the gainer SMA 801 because the 881 at 16 inches seems too big to deal with...

is the 801 an imporvement over stock and how much do i lose not going to the 881.. I would like to order today if i can get a quck response.. I like scannermaster or gigaparts and want SMA as i dont want to use the adaptor..

Thanks
Brett

k9xyz

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Need all band coverage???

The best "duck" antenna for ALL the bands including 800 is the W801....it is great on VHF up to 800....it will please folks that want or need all band coverage. It is NOT the best for single band coverage but it is the best for multiple band coverage with a single antenna.......and Dave before you post........YES, it is the best....done all the tests. period.......

questnz

Handheld antenna

Hello,
I own both Watson models wsm 801 and 881 and well as 889. Last week I tested 801 vs 881 on Icom RX7 scanner. 801 performing better than stock Icom rubber ducky but 881 is definately better. Swapping 801 for 881 on the same week reception give me 3-4 extra bars on the scale. However i use 801 in the car and when travelling. Hope this help.

Chris

misterdk

Is there an equivalent antenna I could use as a back of set antenna for my BC 278CLT scanner. Looking to improve over what came with the radio. Thanks from a newbie.

questnz

Is there an equivalent antenna I could use as a back of set antenna for my BC 278CLT scanner. Looking to improve over what came with the radio. Thanks from a newbie.

Hello, all stock antennas are very average, including Uniden. I would try Watson 801, or 889 or any Diamond equivalent. I also use Diamond RH 789 on one of Uniden scanners and found it very good. Good luck.
ps you may want to call Scannermaster in US for the advice, I use Anrewscom in Australia for my supplies
great advice and prices. easy to deal with. Regards Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.