396xt antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is an almost impossible question to answer. What frequency ranges are you interested in? Handheld duckies tend to be rather poor performers - they're designed to be a compromise across a wide swath of frequencies. There are better ones by Diamond and Wilson, for example, but please, more specifics.

73 Mike

snowscout

After I got my 396xt, I turned around and bought a Watson Super Gainer Antenna that is billed as "Wideband Receive Portable Antenna 25MHz - 1900MHz. Its a little bit better than the factory supplied rubber duck. I seem to get better reception on most of the frequencies that I listen to.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
After I got my 396xt, I turned around and bought a Watson Super Gainer Antenna that is billed as "Wideband Receive Portable Antenna 25MHz - 1900MHz. Its a little bit better than the factory supplied rubber duck. I seem to get better reception on most of the frequencies that I listen to.

I agree, I went with the Watson WSMA-801. Love It!!!

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
I just put a Diamond RH77CA (with a sma/bnc adapter) on mine and it works great on most bands. Especially air freqs; am now hearing the local ATIS broadcast which I was unable to do with the factory ducky. Sound quality seems better on other transmissions too. Am still getting used to the extra length of it though...

Status
Not open for further replies.