396XT Backlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I have my 396XT set to turn on the backlight when "squelch" is opened. My question, is there a way to set how long the "Squelch" controlled light stays on? I'd like it to stay on a bit longer. Thanks

XTS3000

Nope, there is no wat to keep the alert lamp on longer (at this time). This has been a main complaint with the alert lamp from many users.

Hopefully Uniden will fix this issue to allow the lamp to stay on the alert color you choose for the duration of the transmission.

GMAN62465

Premium Subscriber
Any changes in the operation of the backlight on the 396xt???.... Just got a new 396xt last week and I am not seeing it.

Is there any difference with the 996xt?? Looking to add this to the arsenal as well.

GMAN

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
No. On both the 396XT and the 996XT the backlight turns on when the squelch breaks (if that is the backlight setting you choose) and turns off a few seconds later. There is no way on either scanner to change the time.

I too wish that it would stay on for the entire duration of the transmission, but I'm used to it now. On my 396XT I leave it set to "infinite" and turn it off and on manually (tip: set different alert tones to your more important channels so you know what you are listening to without looking at the scanner. On the 996XT it really isn't an issue anyways; since the radio is powered externally I just leave the backlight on all the time (you can easily turn it on and off as well as change the brightness by simply pressing the volume knob).

Status
Not open for further replies.