396xt Cable Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamx2

Can anyone show/tell what the 396xt cable looks like? I think I bought the one from Scanner Master. My problem is, it got misplaced. I found a usb cable that fits it, but my computer doesn't recognize it and assign a COM port, so I am not sure if I got the right cable or not.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone show/tell what the 396xt cable looks like? I think I bought the one from Scanner Master. My problem is, it got misplaced. I found a usb cable that fits it, but my computer doesn't recognize it and assign a COM port, so I am not sure if I got the right cable or not.

Maybe a Pic from......... Scanner Master?

Uniden USB Cable

SB-Wi

Premium Subscriber
Uniden USB Cable
01-551038.htm

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
396xt cable

The computer end is a standard USB connector, but the radio end is a special design that does not match any other standard mini usb device. The rectangular box in the middle of the cable is the other tell-tale identifier.

wtp

well..

if you had one and this one fits i am pretty sure that you got it
a regular mini usb does not fit in the radio

bamx2

I looked all over scanner master and couldn't find that. Thanks. It does fit, but doesn't have the middle part. The part that fits into the radio is very large and the connector comes off of it. Thanks for the help. I will just order a new one and keep better track I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayleesdad

it looks like its product number "01-551038" - a search on their website pulls it up. kinda missed it, too. also, if you have the serial cable that came with the 396xt, then you may be able to get a serial to usb connector at some place like compusa. i picked up a sabrant serial to usb connector that works okay, might have been $14, and makes the serial cable a lot longer than the "01-551038".

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I use the USB to RS 232 serial adapter with the original "comes in the factory box" cable when I got my scanners, if you still have that cable as noted above.

At $12.95 it is a little cheaper than the USB-1 cable, plus it has the HXD chipset in it. I had a problem with the USB-1 cable getting along with Windows 8 and found this one, which got me back in business. (So if you're planning a Windows 8 migration in the future, you might have an issue if get the USB-1).

Amazon.com: Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset): Computers & Accessories

dkf435

If you have a cable that has a common USB on one end and the connector on the other that fits the radio with no dongle in the middle THE CABLE IS FOR A DIGITAL CAMERA.

The Uniden cable is either a DB9 to 4 pin connector straight cable or a USB to 4 pin connector with a dongle and has a USB interface chip inside.

David Kb7uns

bamx2

If you have a cable that has a common USB on one end and the connector on the other that fits the radio with no dongle in the middle THE CABLE IS FOR A DIGITAL CAMERA.

The Uniden cable is either a DB9 to 4 pin connector straight cable or a USB to 4 pin connector with a dongle and has a USB interface chip inside.

David Kb7uns

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.