396xt CC help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this comes out the way i want it to ...

Ok i have a 396xt and when I'm scanning Meca the screen shows the CC 858.1875 . then when it hits on a TGID it will change CC and it will show LNK Then P25 ,then when it goes back to scanning it gos back to the 858.1875 . Then if i hold on a TGID it shows the CC with DAT at the end of it then when someone talks its goes from DAT-LNK-P25 ...so with all that said what im getting at is, it always shows just the one CC 858.1875 when i have it in scan mode it only changes when someone goes to talk . i dont know if im hearing everything that is going on cause i feel like its only hiting off that one CC . If someone could look at my freescan file and see if i have it all set up right or maybe im just freaking out and its all working fine but i dont really know ....any help would be nice thanks.

kilowa22

Each trunked radio system site has only one active control channel at any time. You are not missing any traffic by scanning a TRS site. If a TGID becomes active and it is in the scan list or if you have the TRS in ID search mode the scanner will switch to active TGID's. If you Hold on a specific TGID then you will only hear that TGID's transmissions.
If are listening to TGID 5000 and TGID 6000 also is active you will miss that. You can avoid this by using priority mode in a TRS.

SCPD

QRT
Ok MECA is actively running two CC “only system in the state doing this on P25 True Digital 9600” at the same time Marion county is divided up in half for SYS 1 MECA on the 396 pending witch display mode you have it set for 1 or 2 it will show the CC 858.1875 then watch it and the freq will change to what ever freq that TG stops on witch is normal you will see the scanner LNK ”Link” to that freq then when it syncs up you will see P25 this is normal when you hold on that CC it will show DAT “DATA” showing it is receiving the CC data you can change display modes and it will show the TG# where DAT or P25 is this is just the display it has no baring on how it operates as for the two CC it depend on how close you are to the site if you get the 858.1875 or 856 CC these rotate weekly now. Hope this helps If you are not getting the 858.1875 CC it may switch to the 856 CC from time to time this is normal that is where you may see a diffrent CC pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.