396XT CTCSS brain fart

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Either I'm not wording my search query correctly, or I'm just losing my mind. Let me explain.....

I'm sitting here (manually) entering a couple of conventional systems which has frequencies of some of the local school bus companies. When I'm scanning through each group, I know there is a way to show what, if any, CTCSS/DCS codes are being used on that frequencies.

However, for the life of me, I can't remember how to turn this function on and off. I know I've done it on my 346XT, but all I'm drawing is a blank. Like I mentioned above, maybe I'm not wording my search correctly, but a search through past threads have turned up nothing. Even the easier to read manual isn't helping. Perhaps it's because I've been awake for almost 22 hours that my brain doesn't want to work, but I'd really like to get this figured out before going to bed shortly.

So, any help for this brain dead dude would be very much appreciated, and many thanks in advance.

:)

p.s. this is my first time owning a 396XT (had it about a week now).

Last edited:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Make sure you have the Audio Type set to Analog, CTCSS set to search, and I believe you need to have the display set to the proper setting (Func-6) to display tones.

Ahhhh, there was my problem. Seeing that the 346XT is analog only, it doesn't have the Audio Type setting. I knew it had to be something so simple I was completely overlooking it.

Audio type is now set to Analog and the CTCSS is set on search and I am now good to go.

Thanks scanbc780, the information is greatly appreciated.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.