396XT Display Modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I searched for this information, but can't seem to find it. I'm considering replacing my 396T with a XT. One of the things that I don't like about the 396T is that you can see either the Alpha Tag or the actual frequency/TGID, but not both. I always wished that Uniden would have offered that ability in one of the firmware upgrades, but alas they did not. Looking through the 396XT manual I see that Key 6 can be used to cycle through the three display modes, but no clear reference to what is displayed. I know how that works on the 996XT, but I don't know that the 396XT is operates the same way.

So, what I want to know is what is displayed in each of the three modes. I'm particularly interested in lines 2 & 3.

Thanks.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
BCD396XTholdTrunkedCallouts.png

From top to bottom, display modes 1,2,3.
If you have the latest Firmware update that allows UIDs (RIDs) to be displayed
then Mode 2 will alternate with the TGID->UID and Mode 3 will show TGID on 2nd line and UID where the Trunking activity indicator used to be.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
LOL. I think Dave, Paul and I all were typing up
the same thing at the same time. :D
Great (or crazy?) minds think alike?
Marshall KE4ZNR

garys

Premium Subscriber
That's in HOLD, which I found, but isn't what I was looking for. If the scanner is scanning along and stops on a frequency or talk group, is the same information shown? Because I don't know about the three of you, but I like my scanner to, you know, scan most of the time. If I have to put the scanner in HOLD mode every time I want to see the information, that's as Moe once said, "Umbday". If it does display that when stopped on a frequency or talk group, then the manual could use a bit of clarification.

bpsmicro

Basically, the only difference between "Hold mode" and scanning is the word "Hold" in the display. Marshall's screen shots apply to normal scanning mode too.

Brad.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Basically, the only difference between "Hold mode" and scanning is the word "Hold" in the display. Marshall's screen shots apply to normal scanning mode too.

Brad.

Thanks. Then it's option #2, the manual is less than clear on this point. Annoying, but nothing more. Well, sloppy too, I guess.

Now to sell the 396T to help finance the new purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.