396XT Drop Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougWare

Feed Provider
I just received my 396XT with the Regular Gainer Antenna yesterday. I love this scanner, but I believe I have an issue.

Both digital and analog audio drop out at what seems to be regular intervals (every 4-5 seconds) for what sounds like a regular interval (1-2) seconds.

All of my audio sounds like this "10- Intersection of Cornwallis and mutiple injuries, PD is" or "10-29 Check on WILLIAM-IDA-LINCOLN-LINCOLN Ball BOY-ADAM birthdate of 7/9/19"

I've disabled close call, priority (although I have about 5 channels that are marked as priority in the conventional systems and a few priority talk groups). What else should I check? I love my new scanner but the drop outs are frustrating.

Thanks!

jclarkr6

Have you checked to make sure that Wx Priority (Weather Priority) is off? It sounds like that might be the problem since you seem to have the other features that could cause a continuous dropout turned off.

DougWare

Feed Provider
Hey Guys...

Thanks for the information, please don't think I'm an idiot. I swear I did over an hour's worth of searching before I posed and somehow never saw the post that was referenced in the first reply.

I used it, and the discovered what the second reply had also hit on. I had weather priority set to on....and it was the problem. I can still keep my normal priority on, which causes drop outs of about 1/10th of a second...which I'm more than happy with...

Thanks Guys!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.