396XT Firmware Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

don333

I've never had any trouble with downloading updated firmware until today. I have followed the download directions, but when I try to open the firmware file I get the message "Adobe reader could not open". Could somebody please help?

don333

When I try to use it and the select firmware box opens the latest version is not listed.

don333

Getting Frustrated Very Quickly

I still can't figure out what the problem is!!! I've down loaded and unzipped both files. When I open the BC_VUP loader the select firmware box opens, but it only has all of the old updates. The new update isn't listed. I know I'm missing something, but I can't figure out what it is!

Can someone please help????

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
Sound like the .scn file is not in the default folder BC_VUP is looking at. Either make sure you have the .scn file in the folder BC_VUP defaults to or navigate to the proper folder when BC_VUP is trying to locate the file.

BTW: I normally put the .scn file on my desktop so it is easy to find. When I open BC_VUP, I then navigate to my desktop to find the .scn file.

ECHO3

This might not be the best solution, but it will work. First delete all old updates from the BC_VUP. Redowload the firmare update to your desktop and extract it there. Open the BC_VUP and cut and paste the .scn file there. You can then delete the other files from your desktop. Close the BC_VUP and reopen it. The box should display only the current .scn file. Click on it, then click on "open". If you can locate the folder into which you unzipped the first down load, disregard the redowload and just cut or copy and paste the .scn file into the BC_VUP.

Last edited:

rvictor

When you extract the .scn file from the downloaded .zip file, take note of where it ends up. Then when you run BC-VUP, you just navigate to where the .scn file is located when the program asks you for the .scn file.

The message regarding Adobe Reader indicates that you are trying to open a .pdf file. There is no reason that you should be doing that as part of this process.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.