396XT GLITCH or My stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Im having two problems with my recenty purchased 396XT

It might be cause Im used to the origional 396 but..............

#1 temporary lock out ???? what does this do ........seems strange why?

#2 I have several systems that keep reverting back to seach mode no matter what I do
I have programmed TG's
and all this is colorado DTRS system issues

I am using ARC basic software

#3is there a way to keep the set light code on durring entire transmition it seems to revert to
main scann color after about ten seconds

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Xt series

Im having two problems with my recenty purchased 396XT

It might be cause Im used to the origional 396 but..............

#1 temporary lock out ???? what does this do ........seems strange why?

#2 I have several systems that keep reverting back to seach mode no matter what I do
I have programmed TG's
and all this is colorado DTRS system issues

I am using ARC basic software

#3is there a way to keep the set light code on durring entire transmition it seems to revert to
main scann color after about ten seconds

#1 Temp Lock Out>>> Same on T and XT series Locks OUT a channel till you do a power recycle (On/OFF/ON)
#2 No Clue on this one
#3 As far as I know the color light is only for a short period not for the entire transmission

Something I just found out on the XT series is if you HOLD the HOLD/RESUME button down on a SYSTEM it does a SYSTEM HOLD and that doesn't work on the T series

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I think I can help with 2 of these.

First the temporary lockout. A temporary lockout is occurs when you push the "L/O" button once when your scanner stops on a frequency or talkgroup. That temporary locks out the given frequency or talkgroup until the scanner is powered down. When powered back up, all temporary lockout settings are released and the "locked out" frequency or channel is being scanned.

A "Lock Out" situation occurs when the "L/O" button is pressed twice when the scanner stops on the undesired frequency or talkgroup. The frequency/talkgroup remains locked out until you go through the motions of manually unlocking the frequency/talkgroup.

Bearing in mind there are numerous ways of skinning cats, Uniden has chosen to treat a different light for a frequency/talkgroup as an alerting feature. The changing of the color is merely intended, apparently, to draw your attention to the use of the given frequency/talkgroup. (This actually draws your attention twice - once when it goes from color A to color B and the second time when it returns from Color B to Color A.)

Having said that I agree with the merits of having the light remain whatever color you have selected for the frequency/talkgroup. I don't know whether this would be something easily addressed by a firmware update.

I'm a little unsure of what you mean by "reverting back to search mode". If you mean "ID Search", which is looking for ANY talkgroup (those you have entered AND all others) or 'ID Scan", which is looking ONLY for those talkgroups you have programmed/entered, that is a programmable feature.

To change from ID Search to ID Scan in the Arc software, highlight the system. Then click the "Trunk System Settings" tab. The first line on that page says "ID Mode". There are two radio buttons, one ID Scan, the other ID Seach. Click which you prefer, then upload the system to the scanner and you are good to go.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
#1 Temporary L/O is just what it means. If you turn off the radio the L/O goes away. If you want a permanent L/O, press it two times.
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/ScanMode?sortcol=table;up=#Locked_Items
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/EditChannel?sortcol=table;up=#Set_Lockout

#2 Make sure your System is set to ID Scan and not ID Search.
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/vi...tcol=table;table=up;up=#Scanning_vs_Searching

#3 If your talking about the alert light setting then no. If you just want the background light to stay on, then you want the backlight settings.
TemplateSetAlertLight < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
Settings < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Status
Not open for further replies.