396XT Group Enable

Status
Not open for further replies.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Today while at work, I somehow disabled all of my groups under one conventional system. So of course when I enabled the QK for that particular system I got the "Nothing to Scan" message. I was able to fix it using Freescan but my problem is, I could not figure out how to re-enable the groups using the radio menu. I went through it at least 10 times but could not find the correct setting. I'm not unfamiliar with the menus but I am obviously missing it somewhere. Any help appreciated.

rvictor

From a prior post by UPMan:

"F+Scroll to the system with all the disabled groups, continue to press F then press a number to turn on a channel group."

You can also prevent this from happening by setting up a dummy group in each conventional system and not assigning a group quick key to that group. Put a single dummy frequency in that group. I use 1300 MHz. Do not lock out either the frequency or the group.

Dick

mattwolter

happend to me too

I kind figured out how to fix it. It's not how it should be done thought. If you create another group in the same system and give it a quick key then you can enable your disabled quick key and delete the new group that you made.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
I ended up adding a dummy group like stated in the wiki. Thanks to all for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.