396XT Group Name in lieu of Site Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to set the scanner up so that it displays the group name instead of the site name for a trunked system?

blackhawk

Premium Subscriber
So it is not possible to set up a trunked system so it displays only the Group Name instead of alternating between the Group Name and the Site Name?
The reason i ask is b/c when i am scanning a trunked system i could really care less which site the traffic is coming from. All i care about is the jurisdication which i set as the Group Name. Right now i program each Site Name with the same name as the Group Name so it does not alternate (maybe that is ridiculous). When i have to go back and update a site, i have to search through each site until i find the right set of frequencies. Kind of a pain. I want to be able to leave the Site Name site specific in order to update it easily later.
Also if all that was displayed was the Group Name then you could put multiply jurisdictions in one system instead of scanning through the same sites multiple times. Maybe it is just me and the way i set up my scanner but i think that would save space and time.

trkntrlrman

RS-PRO 34, RS-PRO 60, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, SDS200
Premium Subscriber
Sorry I missunderstood what you wanted. Apperantly not.... I actually like seeing both...with 11 systems running i like to know where i'm at...

blackhawk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the link GroundLoop. From Uniden Multi-Site Trunking page it states "The System tag is never displayed, but makes the system easy to find for programming updates". Therefore it is the Group Name and Site Names that are displayed. I name all three the same name because i too prefer that display. I travel quite a bit (not much lately) and have complete states set up ready to program into the scanner at a moments notice. It has been a long process but it seems to be my less expensive hobby. The big issue for me is with the statewide trunked systems. Some of my systems have upwards of 20 sites and to find the one that changed is almost not worth it. Almost.

Anyway thank you all for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.