396XT help

Status
Not open for further replies.

awc13

Premium Subscriber
Hi !
New to this forum, scanning, and trying to programing 396xt. I live in WR and I am looking for someone or a group that can get me started. I tried to program the 396xt when I first got it; but found the process soo, soo frustrating; that I gave up until yesterday. I would appreciate a local mentor, individual and/or group. You can PM me... and Thank you for responding to my call.

awc13

mjbjr

Hi !
New to this forum, scanning, and trying to programing 396xt. I live in WR and I am looking for someone or a group that can get me started. I tried to program the 396xt when I first got it; but found the process soo, soo frustrating; that I gave up until yesterday. I would appreciate a local mentor, individual and/or group. You can PM me... and Thank you for responding to my call.

awc13

Welcome aboard..I would start a new topic in this section,rather than continue here as its a seperate subject.

awc13

Premium Subscriber
???

Thank you for responding. I will start a new topic in this section...as soon as I learn to do it. Thank again.

awc13

mjbjr

fyi they are still using to motorola system for another 4-6 weeks,until the harris system is worked on or bugs worked out

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've moved your posts to their own topic. As has been mentioned, you should start a new thread if the thread your posting to has a different subject.

You can always click the Report Post icon in the top right of your post to ask a Moderator to move it. Somebody was nice enough to do it for you. It's better to report the post than to start a new thread as suggested. Starting a new thread would have led to two posts with the same topic which is known as cross-posting and is against the sites rules. You might want to read the stickied thread at the top of the forum which details the rule.

Welcome to the site and hopefully you'll get the information you need.

teufler

This is a freescan 2.16a file. I assume you have freescan downloaded and have a usb or a serial port connection. The file is wr.zip. You will need some kind of unzip program, they can be downloaded from the net easily. This has the houston coiunty, peach cty and warren robbins sites and groups.

Attachments

• WR.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 74

mjbjr

It would be great to hear WR,im in there several times a week and have always wanted to get another scanner for it,but just never did. Let us know when you have it up.

awc13

Premium Subscriber
396xt help FreeScan file

Greetings!

This is a request for a little assistance/review with my .996 file (FreeScan). I've downloaded this RR file and have installed it. I twixed it...I got some interesting values (volumes/colors/tx being cut off).
I would like a more experienced person to review the attached file and set the switches & values they consider appropriate/optimum. That way I may be able to comprare my setting with their settings; as well as hear the difference. I hope this is not asking too much or is inappropriate.

Thank you for responding.
awc13

Attachments

• BCD396XT 3-29-2014.zip
    6 KB · Views: 69

awc13

Premium Subscriber
I did get WR/Houston county to work. It seems that I live in a valley/ditch and I am thinking about adding an antenna in my attic to improve performance. Any suggestion?

Thanks for responding
awc13

teufler

suggested changes

well use the automatic optimizer, several improvements are there.I think the macon/bibb/county system is entered twice.you have some groups in the macon cty system twice.I have added a letter "a" to the original file you have posted, so as not to over write your original file. the suggested changes I entered are all minor.

Attachments

• BCD396XT 3-29-2014a.zip
    6 KB · Views: 54

mjbjr

If you get it working and put up,let me know.Im in WR at least 2-3 times a week. Id love to listen in.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Peach County, I understand they are on VHF NXDN W/ Encryption enabled. I haven't tried to monitor the 800MHZ system listed for Peach co., are they really using it?

Only one TG for the Sheriff's office?

Status
Not open for further replies.