396XT Locking up/ Keypad Working Intermittantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Hello all I've got ana 396XT that was working great until last week. At that point the first thing I noticed was when changing the startup key lineup I could not get systems into the default (.) position. Then at that point the unit was also getting stuck in the system hold mode, and I was unable to free it. The unit was not on key safe mode. Then some of the keys became inoperative. I've sent the unit in to Uniden for repairs. but just was wondering if anybody else has experienced these symptoms with their units and if so what happened?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
That's a new one. I had not heard of these symptoms. Hopefully you'll get an explanation of the cause on this so it can be pointed out in the future.

tampatracker

Yes, it is weird. My friends at Stuart Electronics in Queens NY had never seen anything like it either. Unit was shipped on Mon. !/04/10 so it'll be a few weeks at least I imagine till we find out, but I'll be sure to relay their diagnosis on this site when I find out.

tampatracker

Well, Stuart ended up shipping unit to factory, and the factory ended up shipping me an entirely new radio. So I don't know what was wrong with the original unit as no diagnosis was included, but I am very happy with the new xt, and thanks again to Uniden!

GTO_04

My 396XT is locking up all of a sudden. Stuck in hold mode on Indiana SAFE-T system, and none of the keys work. Have to take the battery out to reset it. After that it's OK for the rest of the day, but then it locks up again the next day. Maybe not exactly the same problem but similar. Unfortunately mine is out of warranty.

GTO_04

Status
Not open for further replies.