396xt main board failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brebuck

In a dec. 8 post "cowand" indicated that the main board on his 396xt required replacement. I purchased a 396xt scanner in April and recently sent the unit for repair and the solution was replacement of the main board. I was wondering how prevalent this malfunction is , so if you have had similar issues, a roster of those affected might be informative.
Regards
Bill R

warrior420

Not sure about board failure but I have 2 that wont run on batteries , just on power cords. Havent sent them in yet to know what the problem is though

kandrey89

Feed Provider
I'm interesting in buying a BCD396XT since everyone is praising it like its the best product around. And I'd agree based on the feature set and ability.

But based on your post, and from others like the main LCD cover falls off, I get worried but I don't want to be. By the way, what is the problem with the LCD cover falling of, what is it actually about :S

walt991

The LCD cover has a very thin piece of double sided tape that holds it to the plastic case. My cover completly popped off the radio.

walt991

Don't let the LCD cover stop you from buying one. I'm sure its only a few units and Uniden will take care of the issue. Reminds me of when the 396T first came out, the lettering was coming off the keys. I think it was due to a manufacturing problem from not applying a clear coat. Uniden took care of the problem then, and I'm sure they will fix the LCD cover problem.

Brebuck

Whew!

Judging by the relatively few individuals who have had a similar problem, I feel more confident of the durability of the 396xt after the warranty period lapses.

Status
Not open for further replies.