396XT P25 settings for RCS help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Even with a full signal on my 396XT, RCS traffic tends to go digital slightly on me most of the time. The units and dispatchers sound too muffled rather than bleeping into "digital". I think this may be the threshhold settings or decode options, but I don't have much experience with those settings. I set my scanner up using them when I used to be in LA, but would appreciate anyone who could post the "proper" decode and threshold settings for the RCS systems.

Thanks in advance!

Paul Anderegg

CitibeatNews.com - Breaking News Footage Video for Local TV Station Newscasts and TV Network News Broadcasts - Citibeat News Service

mike619

which RCS zone are you refering to south,north,east? also I can tell you that the north zone is splinter if you program it and the south zone is standard not splinter cell like north zone is.Also you can set each talkgroup for digital or analog only and you won't hear the machinegunning or buzzing if you set a digital talkgroup for digital.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I listen to both north and south, and they sound the same to me. The problem I have is the radio shows full signal strength, but the signal quality of the RX freq could be different? My 796D has a similar problem, and when my car is parked, I have to inch forward or reverse until the audio becomes clearer....it's a PITA because I can't just wave the radio around heh. Can you recommend some APCO settings for me to put into my 396? The 796D doesn't have adjustable APCO does it?

Thanks for the reminder about the digital/analog only thing. I get a lot of motorboating and digital on CDF talkgroups on my 780XLT's for some reason, 10D mostly.

Paul

W6KRU

I have the 1.10.00 firmware and use a Mode setting of 11 with a threshold of 100 for the North zone at my location. You really should experiment for your location though.

Status
Not open for further replies.